- This event has passed.
Elder Abuse: What Do We Know from Research and Practice?
June 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDTFree
The Center for Victim Research (CVR) invites you to attend our upcoming webinar, “Elder Abuse: What Do We Know from Research and Practice” on Tuesday, June 30, 2020 from 2 to 3 pm ET, which will focus on the current evidence surrounding challenges faced by older adult victims of crime.
CVR researchers, Storm Ervin and Erica Henderson, will present findings from CVR’s synthesis on elder abuse, exploring a wide range of abusive behaviors and including materials produced by researchers,
practitioners, and organizations dedicated to aging and elder abuse. Guest speaker, Mary Lynn Kasunic, from the Area Agency on Aging, Region One, will describe practitioners’ observations in the field and the
nation’s first domestic violence shelter for older adults.
Topics covered will include:
- Types of elder abuse and how often they occur
- Harms experienced by older adult victims
- Factors that put older adults at greater risk of abuse
- What we know about effective services and interventions
- Where the field needs to grow